Friday, October 30, 2009

Japan - Day Eleven

Awesomely and unexpectedly, I went to China Town yesterday with Azusa. We originally met for a coffee in Sannomiya, and then went around some shops. She took me to a department store called Daimaru where I was able to see what was in fashion in Japan. Fake fur, real fur, animal toys to hang off your bag (that look real), boots, animal print oh and "chouchou" - which are scrunchies. This season, I'll be mostly wearing Chouchou - Jessies Fashions; The Fast Show. One more thing - Daimaru has a floor dedicated to Kimono, it was amazing. I wanted to buy so much from this place.

After we finished mall trawling, Azusa mentioned China Town was nearby and we ended up having dinner there. Took some pics on my cellphone like a good tourist.




Apparently China Town is much more busy on weekends, packed with people. As you can see it was pretty sparse.



Me with some China Town kids.



Dumplings were everywhere, and in front of many of the restaurants were maniacal looking pigs slobbering over them.



Dumplings were cooked at all of the street food stalls - the black ones are squid-ink flavoured. Yum.



Bruce Lee I think, in front of a ninja shop. Get a load of those muscles.



More dumplings!!! I want them!! This is why I'm in Japan.



Azusa eating the dumplings. We got told off for taking this pic.



Azusa eating real dinner. Don't ask me what she has.



And I'm eating pork with sweet and sour sauce, karage (chicken, large bits of meat), salad, corn soup broth stuff, rice. Behind me are strings of Chinese 100 notes. I wouldn't go back to this place.



This shop sold Panda EVERYTHING, Panda Tshirts, Cups, Pens, Cellphone holders, Chouchou - you name it, they've panda'd it.



Azusa kindly took this of me outside of China Town - the old people next to me suddenly realised they were in a pic and were uncomfortable. They didn't know whether to pose with me, or get out - too late. Thanks for ruining everything.



More reasons why I'm in Japan. Sign outside of an optometrist place - the black pupils are constantly moving around. Crazy eyes.



And this sign was mega huge, in Sannomiya mall. How do they come up with this stuff? Azusa said "is this funny in NZ?" I said "a little bit".

No comments:

Post a Comment