Monday, November 23, 2009

I made a new friend!

And she is totally cool. Her name is Sarah and she's from Ireland - I met her through my Saturday job! I went to visit her yesterday in Nishinagahori, part of Osaka, near Shinsaibashi. She actually lives near where I went with Josephine and Caro, and so I got to take another look at the place where we were - "Amerikamura"



Remember those hosts I took pics of? I saw their advertisement on a building!!
I chose Issa for my husband.



Not sure what these are exactly, but I like them.
They were outside of a restaurant or a hotel. Or a restaurant in a hotel.




Sarah.
After this, she took me shopping to a place called Thank You Mart, where everything is 390 yen.



I'll get married wearing these glasses instead of a veil.



Sarah found some shamrocks.



Some Japanese graffiti in a wheelchair toilet.
Does that say what I think it does...?



Photostickers - or purikura as they're called. We did some. I like them.

3 comments:

  1. so happy you made a friend!!!!!!!!! you do go a bit crazy when yr abroad, not having pals to speak the same language. irish are cool they speak funny like what you do!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! Oh Sarah has the gift of the gab, I love listening to her stories and accent!! It's very gentle though; I need to make a Scottish friend, that's an accent I could get my teeth into!!

    But yeah, she speaks my same language more than just words - she likes 90's grunge, 80's pop, heavy metal, karaoke, cake, chocolate, Coen Brothers films, animal jokes and cheap wine. If we were guys, we'd have a bromance. She also has a Japanese boyfriend, so I'm not fully cheating and taking the easy Western option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which one is Issa? Im assuming the David Bowie from labyrinth one.

    ReplyDelete